Rishikesh, a place of culture, spirituality and serenity!
If you are a wanderlust and have ardent desire to travel whole across the nation and the world, you will have Rishikesh in your bucket list. Rishikesh is located in the Himalayan foothills on the holy banks of Ganga and it is pretty famous for its beautiful surroundings. Often, when people visit Haridwar, Rishikesh is already added along with it on the trip. And why not? After all, a place blessed with heavenly enchanting rivers, mountains, and much more deserves visitors’ attention. March and April are considered as the best months to visit Rishikesh, a city in the magnificent state of Uttrakhand.
Things You Should Keep in Mind before Exploring this Himalayan Beauty
Decide how to reach there
Travelling to Rishikesh is little hustling, therefore, better you should make the plan precisely how to reach there. It’s approximately 230km away from Delhi and as it is located in mountains the journey is hassling. It will be great if you book a ticket for the train to avoid the jerks in the journey. However, if you enjoy a little bit of roller-coaster touch in your way then opt for your vehicle or book a bus.
Don’t expect non-vegetarian food and alcohol
Did you know Rishikesh doesn’t even sell eggs? Hence, if you expect to have a feast with fish, meat, chicken or Alcohol then you are incorrect. Instead, get yourself prepared for the authentic and pure foods of Rishikesh. Taste the best vegetarian foods there and enjoy the vegan side of your lifestyle. Well, who knows, after a visit to Rishikesh you will quit alcohols and non-veg and live a spiritual life with utmost peace?
Keep a camera or a good-camera facility smartphones
It is no surprise, Rishikesh is extremely beautiful. Even if you don’t have any interest in photography, the photographer inside you cannot resist you from clicking pictures of the awe-inspiring sceneries and the pictures of your own. Thus, ensure to have a good quality camera to capture the beautiful moments of your life forever.
If you are visiting this adventurous place, do not dare to skip these fun-loving activities if you do so, you will miss the exceptional adventures of your life. Take a plunge into the things you should do:
- River Rafting: River rafting and Rishikesh complement each other. Rishikesh always tops the chart when we discuss river rafting. Upon this, you can take the leap of the earth with Bungee jumping too.
- Attend Ganga Arti: Ganga Arti will touch your soul. The pure and virtuous mantras and Arti is truly a delightful sound ever and on that note, you should never think to skip the soulful Ganga Arti.
- Yoga and Meditation: Rishikesh is popular for Yoga and Meditation too. If you visit then witness the peaceful Yoga and meditation there.
- Ram Jhula and LakshmanJhula: These two bridges are no less than any foreign location. Once you find yourself standing there you will experience the most alluring view ever.
- Do trekking: If you are a nature lover, then you can’t stop yourself to get up early and head for wonderful trekking.
- Paragliding: Just like river rafting and bungee jumping, paragliding is also one of the most adventurous and enthusiastic things to do there.
Rishikesh has an abundance of things in its lap. Either you are religious or non-religious you will love visiting Rishikesh regardless of your choices and preferences. You have ample happening things to do there. The beauty of Rishikesh can be experienced with family, friends, or colleagues. A trip to Rishikesh will always delight you to the core.